16 April 2010

Apr 16 (Prov 16-17)


Proverbs 16

(v.3) If we let Jesus be the LORD of our lives, that is the master of our lives, then we can see His plans for us. It is not only relieving to do this, but we see amazing things happen! It's one thing to say that Jesus is our Savior, but another to let Him be our LORD! When we do, we are truly saved and walking with Him.

(v.7) Love conquers all...it is so powerful. Often, we proclaim the gospel by our actions. If we are loving, considerate of others, and truly interested in other people's lives, then we are showing God's love through us. Even the most hardened person is softened by this!

(v.9) This is how I teach my kids to do this...pray and seek His guidance before you act. Then when you've made a decision, watch closely to see if God is blessing it.
(v.20) In the last few years, I've personally had more trials and tragic incidents than the rest of my life combined. But I've never been depressed or felt alone...I knew that God was guiding my life. Like Joseph, I was put into situations that didn't seem fair to me, but I trusted God to see me through...and He did!!! Faith in Him gives us joy and peace!

(v.31) We are taught to respect our elders...this is important to teach our kids. That virtue has been lost on much of today's youth. Let's start with our own kids, and teach them to respect people in authority, and people with grey or white on their heads! Their experiences are invaluable to us, if we only listen to them.


Proverbs 17

(v.6) It is such a joy to be a Daddy, but everyone who is a grandparent tells me it's better to be that! I guess they get the joy of the kids, without having to teach, feed, change diapers, make sure they do their homework, etc all the time! They just get to see their family grow, and praise God for it!!!

(v.9) The original Hebrew here is talking about forgiveness. If someone speaks or finds a way to calm a situation, then it's a blessing. But if they bring things up again to stir up strife, then it's a sin.

(v.22) We are only here for a short time, when you consider we'll live forever, so we might as well smile and enjoy God's blessings. Of course, we'll have to endure hardships and trials, and there is a time for mourning, but the LORD wants us to be cheerful givers and servants!

(v.27) It is wise to keep your tongue in an argument, and to speak only when asked to speak. Then, when we have prayed and sought God's words, we will speak wisdom and help a situation.

No comments:

Post a Comment