02 March 2010

Mar 2 (1 Sam 19)


1st Samuel 19


We see Saul flip-flopping on whether to kill David or not. He can't make up his mind and stick with it.

I teach my kids that the reason Saul is like this, is because he doesn't have God's Word in him...he has no foundation to think on. We all know people like this...they go as the wind or prevailing opinion goes. There is an old saying that applies here:

"If you don't stand for anything, you will fall for everything."

Saul is not a happy and content person. I try to stress to my kids, that they shouldn't hang around kids who are negative and unhappy...they will cause trouble and take whoever is with them to trouble.

(v.15) This reminds me of John 7:46, where Jesus speaks with authority from God, like Saul's messengers saw with David and Samuel. When God's Word is spoken and discussed, people know it is the authority of our lives! The Holy Spirit always points us to God's Word.

(v.24) My kids laugh at this verse...picturing Saul lying face down and naked all day! They even ask if he put sunscreen on, for his white rump would get scorched!

No comments:

Post a Comment