20 November 2010

18 Nov (Acts 25-28)


Acts 25

(v.11) As a Roman citizen, Paul had the right to appeal to be heard by Caesar. This was Paul's chance to preach the Gospel to the current ruler of the world!!!

Acts 26

(v.6) Paul beautifully points out the conversion of the Jews who believe in fulfilled prophecy...they lived according to the Law, but found that Jesus did that for them, so they live by faith in Him.

(v.17) This is what happens when we are born again...we are saved from hell and Satan's grip to God and His promises!

(v.28) How many people do we know like Agrippa? They can see the truth and the logic, but their pride keeps them from believing. We need to keep praying for our family and friends who are not believers. I have seen God work miracles in hearts that were once hard towards Him.

(v.32) Paul was destined to speak to Caesar, and ultimately, to die for Christ.

Acts 27

I like to point out to my kids that Paul had faith in Christ all along, and God provided for them the whole trip!

Acts 28

(v.20) Paul knew his mission...to give the hope of Christ to Israel and the Gentiles.

(v.30) This is a great example of God using us for ways we never thought possible. It seems, at first glance, that Paul is limited and made a prisoner. But if we look at all the letters and encouragement that Paul wrote to the churches, we see that God used that time of Paul's imprisonment to strengthen His Church.

I have to remind myself, that even though I don't always feel that I'm being used by God, I really am. It may be preparation for something coming up, or for me to see the chance to witness to a coworker at a job that is not my ultimate choosing. We need to treat our family, friends and community as our mission field!

No comments:

Post a Comment