29 October 2010

23 Oct (Gal 5-6)


Galatians 5

(v.1) We are bound by the Law...to sin and death. However, becoming a Christian is viewed as a downer by the younger ones, for they believe that following Christ is no fun. As a man, who at the age of 18 accepted Christ as his LORD and Savior, the only real fun I've had has been with other believers. Sure, I've laughed and had good times in the flesh, but they don't last. The times I've had with my friends in Christ stay with me.

With Jesus in our lives, we are free from sin, and can live more powerful lives!

(v.13) For us who are saved, we are free to live, love and serve others for Christ!

(v.16) I've found it impossible to sin and think bad things when I'm praying or reading the Word...God has us focus on Him when we do those things.

(v.21) We will sin and do some of these things occasionally, even if we're walking with God. However, we are not walking with God if we habitually do these things...there is a big difference!

One thing I point out to my kids, is that when I sin, and I'm already saved, I feel bad about it. In my life, before I was saved, I wouldn't have felt bad about that. That is the Holy Spirit working in us! We find that earthly sins don't satisfy like they once did, and spiritual love and joy gets sweeter the more we are walking with God!

Galatians 6

(v.2) Have your kids memorize this verse...it encapsulates what we are to do as Christians:

Bear one another's burdens, and so fulfill the law of Christ.

(v.5) We all answer to God...make sure we all look at our lives and compare it with what God wants for us.

(v.6) Even though God anoints teachers of His Word, they are not any better than the people he teaches. We all have our place in this world, and in the Church. All of the gifts of the Spirit are important and worthy of hard work.

(v.8) If we focus on being light to the lost, and encouraging the Brethren, then we are reaping in the Spirit.

No comments:

Post a Comment